Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekends Go Too Fast!

This weekend flew by. Saturday we laid low, because after torturing Jake with two late nights of bargain shopping, he needed a day off. He played with his newly organized toys (thanks to Scott, who cleaned and organized Friday, much to my surprise when I arrived home!) and the day was over before we knew it. Of note, Jake is saying two and three word sentences with increasing regularity - "Close the door", "Need shoes please", "go bye-bye?". And fun things too - "Look mama, a clue" What kind of clue Jakey? "a Blue Clue!" I love watching him grow, but on the other hand, my baby is growing up so fast!

So after all that relaxing, Sunday we decided to go to yet another K-mart, where we scored the bargain find of the week - a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe for only $20! Final(?)tally, 4 days, 3 Kmarts, 35 toys, $213 Out of Pocket - Total Retail Value almost $800!!! Birthday and Christmas shopping for Jake is done, plus Derek and some other little ones done for Christmas as well. I feel very accomplished. I still might have to go to one more K-mart. Maybe I will leave Jakey home this time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment