Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home is Where Your Mama Is!

So I decided I should start a blog. This stroke of genius occured to me on the way home from work yesterday, while thinking about the many different things Jake means when he says "Mama".

Sometimes he is calling me, sometimes he is talking about me, sometimes he is answering my questions - Each response has a different inflection, different volume, different accompanying facial expression, it is seriously amazing how much the child attempts to communicate with one word.

Of course, if you know me, and I do know me, I quickly realized that maybe blogging is something I don't have time to commit to. Then, I came in from work, and Scott related the following:

He and Jake pulled into the driveway, and Jake began cheering that they were home. (He loves to yell "Wahoo!" lately. ) So Scott, attempting to get him to say the word home, said "Jakey, where are we?" He said Jake smiled from ear to ear and answered simply, "Ma Ma".

After I stopped crying (Damn hormones), I decided that I would blog, or at least give it a try. Today, someone, somewhere, will benefit from remembering that home is where your mama is. I certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment