Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back to the real world . . .

And a week has gone by since learning that our little bean was not to be a part of our lives, for now anyway. Today, there were actually more good moments then there were bad - giving me hope that maybe life will get back to some sense of "normal", whatever that is.

This week, life really sucked. Too much. But at the same time, Jake started saying new words - five or ten at a clip, and made funny faces at me, and Jake, Scott and I danced in the living room alot. This weekend, we celebrated our nephews birthday, and went to the Italian Festival. And laughed as Jake and Derek had a hug race between Grandma and Pop Pop before bed - They must have hugged each of them 20 times, and their laughter as they ran back and forth was contagious. So despite our sorrow, life keeps moving forward, and it is good. I was reminded this week that people, for the most part, are so good. We are so fortunate to have the support of family and friends to hold us up when we need it - That is heartening for me.

Tomorrow, it's back to the real world, and I intend to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be. Back to work, and taking care of Jake, and hopefully not forgetting too much more (I've done a fair amount of forgetting this week!) Scott has a job interview Wednesday, fingers crossed. So I move forward, and though I realize it will still take time to heal, that process will be at least a little bit easier because of the love and support around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment